Autor Tema: Patrick Mahomes was baffled by one part  (Leído 568 veces)

lovelystyle

• Ver Perfil
Patrick Mahomes was baffled by one part
« : abril 08, 2023, 02:11:08 am »
If you were shocked by the length of Patrick Mahomes'  Chris Driedger Kids Jersey new with the Kansas City Chiefs, don't worry, you're not the only one. So was Patrick Mahomes. When Mahomes got word from his agent, Leigh Steinberg, that he would be getting a 10-year extension from the Chiefs, the quarterback didn't know what to think, and that's because he didn't even know it was legal for to give out 10-year deals.Mahomes revealed that fact this week when he was asked about his record-setting contract during ."There were two things I said when we went into negotiations: I wanted to keep great players around me and I wanted to have long-term security for my family," Mahomes said. "I certainly wasn't thinking 10 years. I didn't even know contracts did that."Donovan Dion Phaneuf Jersey  McNabb didn't know that , and Patrick Mahomes didn't know a 10-year deal was po sible.In Mahomes' defense, he probably wasn't aware that lengthy deals were po sible because they almost never happen. As a matter of fact, before the Mahomes deal got done, there had only been in NFL history. The Chiefs quarterback was just 9 years old when the last 10-year deal happened in 2004, which involved Michael Vick.  Apparently, NFL teams became slightly enamored with the idea of a 10-year deal at the start of the century, because all five 10- Kyle Turris Men Jersey year extensions that came before the Mahomes deal happened in a three-year period between March 2001 and December 2004. The first 10-year extension was Jean-Gabriel Pageau Kids Jersey  given to Brett Favre, which was then followed by Drew Bledsoe (March 2001), Donovan McNabb (September 2002), Daunte Culpepper (May 2003) and Vick (December 2004) all getting long extensions.One thing all of those deals have in common is that none of them panned out. Not a single player on that list ended up playing out the full 10 years of his deal, which might be one reason why NFL teams started to shy away from the lengthy contracts.As for Mahomes, besides the length of the deal the quarterback's contract also includes several other interesting clauses. For instance, there's a list of sports that he's no longer allowed to play, and . Thomas Chabot Kids Jersey   For more on the Mahomes deal, make sure on his record-setting contract plus how he feels about the expectations that come along with signing the .