Autor Tema: Sorting the Sunday Pile Week 12 Browns a  (Leído 153 veces)

lovelystyle

• Ver Perfil
Sorting the Sunday Pile Week 12 Browns a
« : abril 07, 2023, 11:31:26 pm »
It should be hard to get revenge on a fired head coach, but nothing is impo sible when it comes to Hue Jackson. The former coach, fired earlier this season by Cleveland after managing just three wins in two years and change, was the target of revenge by his former team on Sunday after he defected within the division, joining the as a "special a sistant" to Marvin Lewis. Jackson's move isn't unusual -- lots of coaches who are fired Philadelphia Eagles T Shirts  move on to roles like that with other teams. But not a lot of them move within the division in the same year when they're slated to play their old team twice in the final six weeks of the season. Jackson did just that, and it's clear the Browns players weren't pleased with the move. Some of the guys talked a little bit about their feelings prior to the week, but the distaste for Jackson emerged pretty quickly in the game. Cornerback picked off in the first half and, instead of cutting upfield with the ball to pick up more yardage, spotted some would-be tacklers and.   He gave the ball to Hue. I cant breathe.  Will Brinson (@WillBrinson)  The former coach didn't appear to understand it wasn't Randall being nice, which is just perfect. Actually perfect is the handshake between Jackson and following the game. Mayfield was reportedly "not upset" at Jackson getting canned; you could tell from the start of the season, during "Hard Knocks" even, Mayfield was lukewarm on Jackson's coaching.   After the game, Hue sought Baker out, tried to give him a hug and Mayfield, who had dapped it up with just moments before, gave Hue the old "Oh, hello there. I hope you're well" handshake.   Hue Jackson went for the hug and Baker hit him with the were just friends handshake   Will Brinson (@WillBrinson)  Mayfield said after the game there were some hard feelings because of Hue's decision to go coach a team the Browns were set to play.  More Week 12 "Left Cleveland, goes down to Cincinnati. I dunno. That's someone who was in our locker room asking us to play for him and then goes to a different team that we play twice a year," , via Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com. "Everyone can have their spin on it, but that's how I feel."   This might not be the last time Mayfield gets up to play against Jackson either. "It's just like any rivalry game,'' Mayfield said. "That's how it is now. That's how I'm going to treat it every time we play him, but there's no hate. That's just how it is. That's how I'm going to treat it and I think that's how the team should treat it too.'' And make no mistake -- despite me burying the lede here, Mayfield's play was  Jalen Reagor Jersey a bigger story than just getting revenge on Hue. The rookie quarterback was excellent for Cleveland.   In the first half, Mayfield went 17 for 21 for 245 yards and three touchdowns, including this gem to , a beautiful to s where he showed off his ability to throw from any platform.   . looking gooood.And Antonio Callaway hauls in the TD!: CBS  NFL (@NFL)  Mayfield became the first Browns quarterback since the team returned to Cleveland to throw for 200 yards and two touchdowns in the first half of a game. Mayfield tied Bernie Kosar's streak of consecutive games with a pa sing touchdown ( Zech McPhearson Jersey eight) and he tied the record for consecutive games with multiple pa sing touchdowns (five) for a rookie. But this wasn't just a single-game vengeance play. Mayfield has been substantially better since Jackson and OC Todd Haley were fired. Mayfield is now the first rookie quarterback in NFL history to record a pa ser rating of 140 or higher in two consecutive games and he's the first Browns quarterback since Vinny Testaverde in 1994-95 to throw for multiple touchdowns in five straight starts. Mayfield's have come in his last five games, three of which have happened since Hue was fired.    Att/Comp (%)Yards/GameYards/AttTD-INTRecordMayfield with Hue  113/200 (56.5)  254  6.4  8-6  1-4  Mayfield After Hue  65/88 (73.9)  257  8.8  9-1  2-1  The difference is stark. And so is the difference between the Browns now, a team appearing to crawl out of the darkne s, and the Browns before they fired Jackson. For years, Cleveland's been the NFL's punching bag and a layup for jokes on Twitter. I'm here to tell you something : it's time for the to move over, because . Mayfield is a polarizing quarterback, but if you don't like him, that's a YOU problem. is going to be a Quez Watkins Jersey  superstar running back as early as next year; he's been nothing but a monster since he was moved into the starting lineup after the trade. will contend for DPOY honors on the reg, and there are any number of fascinating guys on this roster, like Randall, who are willing to make watching football fun. The Cowboys became popular in the early '90s as they rose to succe s out of nowhere. Let's all bask in the Browns becoming good again. Except Hue Jackson, who definitely shouldn't be allowed to claim any part of the succe s when the Browns end up making a mini playoff run this year. For that to happen, the Browns will definitely need to beat Jackson and the Bengals again in Week 16, a game you can stream on fuboTV ( ). People really are going to get hot and bothered about Mayfield's beef with Jackson -- Mayfield transferred from Texas Tech to after all -- but I'm here to tell you that rooting against Mayfield is a mistake you're going to regret later on. The Browns are set to be a fun team for the next five to 10 years. If they hire the right coach this offseason (Bruce Arians anyone?) there's a chance for this bandwagon to skyrocket. Get on board now. AFC top seeds getting interestingI'm kind of fascinated by the top seeds in the AFC after a Sunday that saw the lose while the and both won. The will play Monday and the are on a bye, so we didn't get maximum movement, , you'll notice the Texans jumped Pittsburgh on the back of .So two things happened with the Steelers' lo s: the Patriots jumped the Steelers for the No. 2 seed and the Texans jumped the Steelers for the No. 3 seed.Both of those things would have implications for the postseason if that seeding ended up holding.For starters, it would mean the Patriots land a bye. New England has never advanced to the without a bye before. That extra week of practice and prep for Bill Belichick and the extra week of rest of is a ma sive advantage.Secondly, it would mean the Steelers probably end up hosting the Chargers. The No. 4 seed in the AFC is a nightmare this year because whoever lands that home playoff game is likely going to see L.A. show up on Wild Card Weekend. The Chargers shouldn't care about playing at home because of their weak home-field advantage, and they will have played most of the top  T.J. Edwards Jersey teams in the NFL by the time the playoffs get here. They're battle-tested and dangerous. And the alternate to that? Hosting the Chiefs if Los Angeles can walk down Kansas City. Finishing fourth in the AFC is a nightmare.So who has the best odds of it? Here's the remaining schedules for th