Autor Tema: Jerry Jones doesnt seem sure who will st  (Leído 155 veces)

lovelystyle

• Ver Perfil
Jerry Jones doesnt seem sure who will st
« : abril 08, 2023, 02:50:20 am »
One of the most fascinating interviews in the NFL every week is the one that owner Jerry Jones does every Tuesday with CBS Sports Radio .  The interviews are especially fascinating this year because every week Jones gets asked about the Cowboys' quarterback situation, and every week he seems to have a slightly different answer.  To be fair, Jones hasn't really had to give a solid answer because there was never any question about who would start between and . Since Romo hasn't been healthy at all this season, Prescott has been the starter by default.  However, that could change soon now that Romo has .    During Tuesday's interview, Jones wouldn't completely commit to Prescott for  Emilio Pagan Jersey the rest of the season and basically admitted he as no idea who's going to play once Romo is 100 percent healthy.  "The key thing I want to emphasize is we probably are never going to have this totally sorted out," Jones said, via . "We're going to play it by ear, play it as it comes. We can do that. To do it really right for the advantage of the team, which we deserve, Romo's got to really be ready to go at the top of his game." If Prescott does hold on to the starting job, Jones said  Yandy Diaz Jersey he wasn't sure whether Romo would be open to the idea of being Prescott's backup.    "I don't want to really speak for Tony," Jones said. "Anybody with any sense knows that Tony would like to be playing if they understand what a competitor he  Ryan Yarbrough Jersey is. That's that." The good news for Jones is that he knows he doesn't have to make that decision yet, because, although Romo is cleared to practice, he's still not 100 percent healthy.  "We have the luxury of getting him that ready," Jones said. "When we do that, we've got an edge that can carry us a long way. I think what you're going to have is you're going to see Tony really playing well in practice, really being what he can be, which is in my mind, when he's healthy, I don't know that I'd trade him for anybody."   Despite the fact that he gets asked about his quarterback situation every week, Jones said he wasn't going to put a deadline on the Cowboys' quarterback decision. The Cowboys owner also added that the team would take things one day at a time.  "This is all very strong, Dak, the coaches, Tony," Jones said. "What we want to do is absolutely, play by play, series by series, game by game, do what's in the best interest of winning the game." As for whether Romo will Anthony Banda Jersey  be active for Sunday's game against the , Jones wasn't about to commit to anything.    "For us to really have our advantage of being as deep as we are with good quarterbacking right now, and I'm not being trite when I say it, he's got to -- absolutely got to -- get ready to play at his top level," Jones said of Romo, . "Then we got something, and I think he can get there, and you'll see that at practice this week." Jones might not be willing to call Romo his backup quarterback, but you have to think that the Cowboys aren't going to bench Prescott  Tommy Pham Jersey anytime soon. The rookie quarterback has the Cowboys on a seven-game winning streak, which is the longest streak in Dallas since 2007 when the team finished 13-3.  Coincidentally, that happens to be the first year that Romo started all 16 games for the Cowboys.