Autor Tema: Cowboys look to continue historic home win streak when they face Commanders on T  (Leído 147 veces)

lovelystyle

• Ver Perfil
FRISCO, Texas -- "The stars at night, are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas" are the opening lyrics to a that was released in 1982, but these lines can also describe the dominant play of the Texas team with the star on its helmet, the, when playing at home in 2023.The pummeled the, , in Week 10 to extend thelongest active home winning streak to 12, which is also the second-longest in franchise history, and Dallas has won its four home games this season by a combined score of 160-50.On Thanksgiving Day, Dallas (7-3) will host a familiar NFC East rival in the (4-7) at AT LeBron James Jersey &T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, an environment that has not been kind to visiting squads. The Cowboys lead the in home scoring offense (40.0 points per game), home point differential (+110) and home time of po se sion (37:33). Following the team's season-opening 19-3 home defeat in Week 1 of the 2022 season, head coach Mike McCarthy made a couple critical changes to their home game preparation schedule: granting players the option to decide if they want to sleep at their own homes the night before a game, not an incredibly common practice around the league, or use the hotel and wrap all final game preparation meetings so that everyone is done by Saturday afternoon."Yes, it's pretty clear what's gone on since we did switch," McCarthy said Monday. "It's really my experience in my first job with late head coach Marty Schottenheimer and the from 1993-1998 when we slept at home. Every place that I've been actually you have the option to sleep at home or sleep at the hotel. In Green Bay, I met with the player leadership council, and they didn't want to sleep at home because when everything is five minutes away, it's a different deal. They just liked the routine of it. I think there's a tremendous benefit of it. We've adjusted our schedule on Saturday. Backup quarterback and I were just talking about this downstairs. It's not only the ability to sleep at home, but it's also the ability to get home and get a nap. Guys are getting to nap in their own bed and get to bed early."Sleep is something McCarthy has come to value at a significantly higher level now that he is 17 seasons in as an NFL head coach after 13 years with the (2006-2018) and the last four with the Cowboys (2020-present). An improvement in the Cowboys' sleep schedule at home has clearly translated to the on-field results Dion Waiters Jersey .  "I used to think sleep was for the weak," McCarthy said Tuesday. "What a dumba s statement that is... I hope my children don't follow the path that I took in college and my approach to staying up late and cramming before finals."Cowboys by location this seasonHOMEROADW-L4-0*2-3PPG40.0* (best in NFL)21.8PPG Allowed12.5* (second-best)23.0Point Differential+110* (best in NFL)-6Total YPG446.5 (second-best)356.2Total YPG Allowed230.0* (second-best in NFL)311.2 Turnover Margin+6* (tied for second-best in NFL)-2Third-Down Percentage50.9%* (second in NFL)44.1%*Penalties/Game6.09.0**Penalty Yards/Game43.574.0Time of Po se sion37:33* (best in NFL)28:42Another element of the Cowboys' home-field advantage is AT&T Stadium itself. Most famous for its, it can hold up to 105,000 people, including standing room-only tickets, and has had a little more than 93,000 fans in attendance at the Cowboys' four home games this season. Dallas is averaging 93,548 fans per home game this season, the most in the. First-year Cowboy and 2019 NFL Defensive Player of the Year , the team's 12-year NFL veteran cornerback, realized Dallas' fanbase is different when he saw how they took over Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina last weekend."It's crazy because even at the game yesterday on Sunday at the Carolina Panthers , it felt like a home game," Gilmore said Monday. "I've never seen that before. I know there are a lot of Cowboys fans, but to see it in-person and how they travel, it's crazy. I'm just looking forward to playing in a big game on Thanksgiving this Thursday , playing for this team and hopefully coming out with a win."Should the Cowboys Kostas Antetokounmpo Jersey  come out with another home win on Thursday by 20 or more points, they would create NFL history as the first team to win its first five home contests of a season by that margin. They are currently one of only six teams in league history to win each of their first four games of a season by 20 or more. Just four of the previous five did so in a season in which a championship game existed, but of those four, three reached the league's championship finale in the same year. Teams that won each of first four home games by 20+ points in NFL historySeasonTeamSeason Result2023Cowboys???2007Lost in AFC Wild Card Round2006Lost XLI1991WashingtonWon Super Bowl XXVI1949Won NFL title1920Buffalo All-Americans3rd in APFA (9-1-1) Not only do the Cowboys defend home field differently, they defend their honor at an NFL-best level when it comes to playing teams that they should defeat.Their minus-4 turnover differential against teams with winning records is tied for the fourth-worst in the NFL this season with the Commanders, their Week 12 opponent, and the , the first team to fire their head coach this season. To be fair to Dallas, two games is an incredibly small sample size. On the flip side, no team embarra ses inferior opponents to the degree the Cowboys do. They are 7-1 against teams without a losing record this season -- the one lo s coming in Week 3 at the days after losing Pro Bowl cornerback for the rest of 2023 with a torn ACL -- and have a league-best +164 point differential against foes with a losing record. Some of those scores include the largest shutout Quinn Cook Jersey  win in franchise history (40-0 at the in Week 1 on "Sunday Night Football") and the worst lo s of Bill Belichick's all-time tenure as the head coach (38-3 at AT&T Stadium in Week 4).Their formula, which has come to life, against those teams with a losing record is head coach Mike McCarthy's football Garden of Eden: complimentary football. Dallas has the best turnover margin (+10) against teams below .500, and their 34:03 time of po se sion against such teams is the second best in the league by 30 seconds behind the also 7-3 .Cowboys vs. teams with and without a winning record this seasonVS. TEAMS WITHOUT WINNING RECORDVS. TEAMS WITH WINNING RECORD*W-L7-1*0-2PPG33.6*16.5PPG Allowed13.135.0Point Differential+164***-37Total YPG390.0301.5Total YPG Allowed243.8356.5Turnover Margin+10**-4Third-Down Percentage48.7%38.5%Time of Po se sion34:03*26:18The Cowboys' game against the Commanders is both a Dallas home game as well as a game against a team with a losing record, two green flags for the Thanksgiving hosts. Another trend in their favor is the play of quarterback , , when it comes to playing the Commanders at AT&T Stadium. He has won all five of those starts and thrown 13 touchdowns and no interceptions in those meetings. Eight of those touchdowns have come in the last two such games, matchups the Cowboys won by a combined score of 103-30. Prescott has won 14 consecutive divisional home games overall, tied for the fourth-longest streak by a starting quarterback since the 1970 AFL/NFL merger.Dak Prescott at home in  Kobe Bryant Jersey career vs. WashingtonStatisticProductionW-L5-0Team PPG40.6Team 30-Point Games5Comp Pct67.8%Pa s Yards/Att8.2TD-INT13-0Pa ser Rating121.7"Nah, that's last year's stuff. This is a really good team," said Tuesday when asked about the Cowboys' 2022 play against Washington. Dallas won their meeting at AT&T Stadium 25-10 in Week 4 and lost the Week 18 regular season finale on the road in Week 18. Parsons made it clear that even though Thursday may appear to be a game they should rather easily, that's not how the team is approaching the matchup."You turn on the tape and they've been close to beating the Eagles, fell short just a little bit lost 34-31 in overtime . It could've went either way," he said. "The Giants game a 31-19 lo s in Week 11 I don't really count that between the amount of turnovers by the running backs and quarterback six team turnovers, three interceptions by quarterback and three different players lost a fumble . The game, a 29-26 road lo s in Week 10 was down to the wire. This is a team that can be in a positive way any given way. They remind me a lot of the : a really good team that is barely splitting .500 , not due to coaching, but the ball just don't roll to your side sometimes. This is a team that could and should be on a positive track with the amount of talent that they have. It's a team we need to take very, very seriously. That should be enough motivation as it is."