Autor Tema: NFL Week 14 winners and losers plus pick  (Leído 170 veces)

lovelystyle

• Ver Perfil
NFL Week 14 winners and losers plus pick
« : abril 08, 2023, 01:14:02 am »
Welcome to the Monday edition of the Pick Six newsletter!I can't say this for sure, but I'm gue sing everyone reading this had a better weekend than Urban Meyer. Unle s your car got stolen, you almost certainly had a better weekend than Meyer. The Jags coach is already on the hot seat and based on how things have gone over the past 48 hours, that seat is now hotter than the surface of the sun.Over the weekend, CBS Sports Insider Jason La Canfora reported on the dysfunction in Jamieson Rees Women Jersey  Jacksonville . To sum up La Canfora's story: Things are not going well for Meyer.Although I thought about making the entire newsletter about Urban Meyer today, I didn't want everyone to quit reading 12% of the way through, so we're going to cover everything from Week 14, plus we'll be grading every game from Sunday and making some Rams-Cardinals picks, so let's get to the rundown.As always, here's your weekly reminder to tell all your friends to sign up for the Pick Six newsletter. To get your friends to sign up, all you have to do is with them.     1. Today's show: Week 14 winners and losers, plus full recapIt's Monday, which can only mean one thing: I stayed up until 3 a.m. last night recording a podcast with Will Brinson and Ryan Wilson that touched on everything you need to know about Week 14, and let me just say, it's probably for the best that you listen. We covered all 12 games from Sunday and those games included some insane finishes. As the resident homer on the podcast, I would like everyone to know that I wasn't emotionally present when we talked about the Bengals' wild lo s to the . One thing we do every week is hand out our weekly winners and losers from Sunday's action. For this week's losers, we all went with an AFC team.Ryan WilsonWinner: . With Mike McCarthy guaranteeing a win over Washington last week, Parsons made sure his coach didn't look like a fool. The rookie linebacker had two sacks and a forced fumble and was so good that he might have wrapped up the defensive rookie of the year award with four weeks still to play.Loser: Everyone a sociated with the . The Jags aren't just losers on the field, they're also losers off the field thanks to this Urban Meyer stuff. Everyone in the organization already looks like they've given up on the season, especially Meyer. NHL Carolina Hurricanes Men Jersey  If you mi sed Meyer's grim handshake with Mike Vrabel, . It's po sibly the most downtrodden an NFL coach has ever looked after a regular-season lo s.Will BrinsonWinner: The Colts didn't even play in Week 14, but they're a winner because everything fell into place for them. Thanks to lo ses by the Bengals and , the Colts jumped from the ninth seed in the AFC to the sixth seed and they made that jump while they sat at home on their couch.Loser: Bengals.Every time you think the Bengals are going to take a giant step forward, they fall flat on their face. The Bengals had a chance to take over first place in the AFC North, but fumbled it away with two muffed punts. Zac Taylor also seemed to forget that he had on his team in overtime. John BreechWinner: .In reality, Tom Brady is a winner every week just for existing, but he's even more of a winner this week and that's because for the 21st straight year, he crushed the soul of everyone in Buffalo. Just when it looked like the Bills were going to pull off a wild comeback win, Brady tore their heart out with a 58-yard game-winning TD pa s in overtime that also happened to be his 700th career TD pa s.Loser: .If you go on the road and trample on the home team's logo, you're supposed to back that up by actually playing well, but the Raiders did the opposite. They mocked the in pregame and the Chiefs decided to respond by completely embarra sing the Raiders. Not only did we list our winners and losers, but we also recapped every game from Sunday. To listen to today's episode -- and to subscribe to the best daily NFL podcast  Victor Rask Jersey out there -- . You can also WATCH .   2. Week 14 grades: Jaguars get an 'F' in shutout lo sEvery week I team up with six of my colleagues here at CBSSports.com to hand out grades, and this week, we failed the Jaguars out of our imaginary football school.Here's a look at the grades from two notable games that were played Sunday:Tenne see 20-0 over Jacksonville () takeaway:Tenne see went into Sunday's game on a two-game losing streak, but that streak is no more and the Titans have their defense to thank for that. In what was easily the Titans' most dominant defensive performance of the season, they absolutely destroyed the Jags offense. Not only did they sack three times, but they also picked him off four times. The Titans also pitched just their second shutout over the past 20 years and their first home shutout since 2000. The Titans' offense wasn't anywhere near perfect -- it totaled under 300 yards -- but it did more than enough for Tenne see to pick up the win.Grade: A-Jaguars takeaway:If this game was any indication, it appears that Urban Meyer might have officially lost the team. Leading up to the game, CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora Julien Gauthier Women Jersey  reported of mounting turmoil in the Jaguars locker room and that turmoil is probably only going to boil over after this lo s. The Jaguars showed zero effort on a nightmare day where they never came close to scoring. Lawrence had an embarra sing day, throwing four interceptions, which all came in the second half.Grade: FDenver 38-10 over Detroit () takeaway:On a day where the Broncos were celebrating the life of , Denver gave an effort that Thomas would have been proud of. The Broncos dominated the in every way you can po sibly dominate another . Offensively, the Broncos used (111 yards and two touchdowns) and (73 yards and one TD rushing, another TD receiving) to control the ball. Defensively, not only did the Broncos shut out the Lions in the second half, but they also forced two turnovers that led to two Denver touchdowns. The most fitting part is that Denver's' final touchdown drive of the game was 88 yards long, which also happened to be Thomas' number while he played in the Mile High City. The Broncos have now positioned themselves to make some noise in the AFC playoff race.Grade: A+Lions takeaway:The Lions were in  Joel Edmundson Men Jersey this game at halftime, but unfortunately for Detroit, their offense decided not to show up for the second half. The Lions had the ball five times during the disastrous half and they came away with nothing. Their five po se sions ended with a fumble, two fourth-down failures, an interception and the end of the game. Defensively, the Lions had no answers for the Broncos in the red zone. Denver's offense made five trips