Autor Tema: Monday Night Football featured some very  (Leído 189 veces)

lovelystyle

• Ver Perfil
Monday Night Football featured some very
« : abril 08, 2023, 01:59:25 am »
It's Tuesday, which means that Week 1 of the NFL season is officially behind us and now's your first opportunity to overreact and panic about the state of your favorite team and/or fantasy team. Ready... set... go.Lucky  Dalton Prout Jersey for you and I, we've got a whole lot of stuff to get to this morning. We had two Monday Night Football games last night (including one game that started entirely too late, even for a night owl like me) and we'll talk about those in just a second. Looking ahead, we've got a Game 7 in the playoffstonight, as well as the first game of the Eastern Conference Finals. Plus, one half of the Stanley Cup Final is set, as the Dallas Stars stunned the Vegas Golden Knights in five games.That enough action for you?Also, I hope you enjoyed Tom Fornelli's first crack at the PM edition of the newsletter yesterday. Unfortunately for Tom, my mom has already decided that she loves my emails more. Get wrecked, Fornelli.       What you need to know       1. Steelers shut down Giants, Stephen Gostkowski comes up clutch on MNF  There are few things better than parking your butt on a couch all Sunday to watch seven-plus hours of football like a usele s sack of skin and bones, but making it through the first day of a work week to enjoy some Monday Night Football is a close second. We got a couple of MNF games to close out Week 1 yesterday, starting with the Steelers beating the Giants, 26-16. Cody Benjamin is here to :  Why the Steelers won: The Pittsburgh defense put consistent pre sure on Daniel Jones and forced a couple of turnovers while also holding Saquon Barkley to just six yards on 15 rushing attempts. Yes, you read that correctlyWhy the Giants lost: Well, again, Barkley had six rushing yards, which  Chris Tierney Women Jersey isn't great. But Jones also had a tough day. He looked good in spurts but also made a couple really bad decisions and had two interceptions -- including one back-breaker in the red zone that ended a 19-play drive as the Giants were establishing some momentumIn the late game -- and I mean game -- the Titans beat the Broncos 16-14 in a pretty riveting display of mediocre football. Here are :Why the Titans won: Tenne see certainly wasn't perfect but they did a good job of sustaining drives on offense and chewing up time of po se sion even if the drives didn't always end in points. Speaking of not being perfect, Stephen Gostkowski shanked multiple kicks before hitting the game winner late in the fourth quarterWhy the Broncos lost: Coaching was a big ol' question mark for the Broncos in Week 1. Vic Fangio made some truly perplexing decisions, including the choice to go for it on 4th-and-goal on Tenne see's one-yard line in the second quarter. Denver was stopped and those lost 3 points proved to be costly. But Fangio also neglected to use his timeouts properly at the end of the 4th quarter and it may have cost his team a legitimate shot at trying to put together a dramatic last-minute drive            2. Steve Cohen agrees to buy Mets At Joe Thornton Jersey  long last, the Mets and their long-suffering fans may be finally out from underneath the ownership of Wilpons. The team has been on the verge of being sold to billionaire hedge fund manager Steve Cohen for many months now and, although at points the sale turned into somewhat of a complicated me s, a deal was reached yesterday. , pending approval from .The club announced Monday that Fred Wilpon, the Wilpon family and president Saul Katz have agreed to sell the team to CohenThe deal values the Mets at around $2.475 billion, and Cohen will reportedly own a 95 percent stake in the ballclub (the Wilpons and Katz will retain the remaining 5 percent)Cohen, 64, grew up in New York and is worth approximately $14 billion. This will be his first busine s venture in sportsMets fans haven't experienced a World Series title since 1986 (when the Wilpons took majority control of the team) but yesterday had to feel like a championship of sorts. The Wilpons have been one of the most disliked ownership groups in baseball for years, and a lot of that resentment comes from the team's own fanbase. This sale presents hope and a new beginning for the franchise, which could desperately use some optimism.  Personally, though, I'm a bit disappointed that Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez's bid to own the team didn't pan out. Watching A-Rod's Mets go  Dylan DeMelo Men Jersey up against Derek Jeter's Marlins in the NL East would have been a fun little rivalry.    3. Our latest MLB Power Rankings It's not about how you start. It's not about how you middle. It's about how you finish. We're in the home stretch of an unprecedented MLB regular season and, with under two weeks left, there are a few teams that came into the year with high hopes but have failed to meet expectations to this point. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Yankees and Astros.But it's not too late to find redemption because, despite those struggles, New York and Houston still remain in playoff position. So, what are they chances that they make a deep run as a lower seed in the postseason? That's a question that our Matt Snyder explored in :  Yankees (ranked 10th this week): They lost 15 of 20 and that's not great, but nobody would have panicked quite as much if the regular season weren't so short. They're getting some key players back in the lineup and could be just as dangerous as we thought they'd be come OctoberIndians (11th): They've lost six straight and are trending in the wrong direction but that pitching staff could be a nightmare for whichever team may draw them in a short postseason seriesAstros (13th): Houston has lost 10 of their last 12 and they're under .500 but they're in playoff position thanks to holding second place in the AL West. They've struggled with injuries and could be getting some key pieces back (Jose Altuve, po sibly Justin Verlander) and there's too much talent on the roster to overlook the teamYou can find Snyder's full power rankings . We're just a few weeks away from what promises to be a wild and unpredictable expanded playoff so it's time for your favorite team to lock it in and start playing their best baseball. And if you're like me and your favorite team has stunk all year long, well... it's time to give up hope and jump on a bandwagon or two. You can make your own call, but I'm officially in on the White Sox and Padres this year, baby.    4. Tiger Woods gets another chance to conquer Winged Foot The U.S. Open kicks off at Winged Foot Tim Heed Kids Jersey  later this week and it'll be the first of six major cha