Autor Tema: Cowboys-Lions two-point conversion drama Jerry Jones speaks out on controversy a  (Leído 116 veces)

lovelystyle

• Ver Perfil
The Saturday night showdown between the NFC North champion and the playoff-bound concluded as one of the most thrilling games thanks to a quirky series of  Rayjon Tucker Jersey events surrounding the Lions' attempt at a game-winning two-point conversion.The Cowboys exited the contestafter stopping Detroit's third two-point conversion attempt after penalties for both teams caused multiple re-tries. Detroit was penalized for an ineligible player downfield and illegal touching after referee Brad Allen announced offensive tackle Dan Skipper as eligible instead of the Lions' preferred offensive lineman, Taylor Decker, who caught what initially appeared to be the game-winning two Luke Kennard Jersey -point conversion to s."I can't believe the convoluted way that we ended up winning that game," Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Tuesday on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas . "But let me put it like this: The defensive team is supposed to know who the eligible receivers are. Anything you do to fuzzy that up can get fuzzy for you." Trailing 20-13 with 1:41 to go and without a timeout, the Lions offense marched 75 yards in nine plays acro s 1 minute and 18 seconds,  Danny Manning Jersey with a scoring strike from quarterbackto wide receiverfor 11 yards.  Then, madne s ensued. Detroit went for two and the win, and they appeared to have it after Goff completed a pa s to offensive tackle, No. 68. However, Detroit reported tackle, No. 70, as eligible prior to the play, according to referee Brad Allen, as multiple offensive linemen came up to Allen. Therefore, the Lions were called for an illegal touching penalty. However, Skipper said postgame thatto the official before the snap. Replay of Detroit coming on to the field before the first two-point conversion attempt shows Decker talking to Allen, appearing to  JaMychal Green Jersey report as eligible.  It looks like Taylor Decker reported here   PFF (@PFF)  After the game in the pool report, Allen maintained that Decker never reported. Following the penalty, the Cowboys were in turn called for an infraction, withbeing called for being offsides on the second try, a play in which Dallas intercepted Goff. Finally, the sequence concluded with Dallas forcing an incomplete pa s to hang on for the win.  "I haven't been a part of one like that," Jones said postgame Saturday night. "I can only die three times. I don't know if I can die four, but a great game. Hats off to Detroit. They fight you all the way as they did tonight,  Patrick Patterson Jersey but I love the way our guys followed through, finished as Coach McCarthy says. Was really proud of our guys, and they made it tough on us right out until the last play, obviously."