Autor Tema: Dolphins Chris Grier says Miami made no calls on Mike Gesickis availability Mike  (Leído 289 veces)

lovelystyle

• Ver Perfil
The made sure was going to be on their 53-man roster, despite reports the team was fielding calls on the tight end's availability. General  Matt Dumba Jersey manager Chris Crier set the record straight regarding Gesicki's availability.The Dolphins never offered Gesicki to any team."For us, we did not make any calls on Mike," Grier said Tuesday. "We had calls from two teams that reached out to us about Mike. We never made any phone calls about him. We were always  Mike was going to be here."in trade talks with other teams, but Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel said the reports were "kind of misleading." McDaniel didn't deny the Dolphins fielded offers on Gesicki, yet they had no intention of trading him.         Pick Six Newsletter   Crafted By The Best NFL Experts   Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and  Jared Spurgeon Jersey power rankings.     I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies.  By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's .  Eric Staal Jersey                 Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe.       Thanks for signing up!   Keep an eye on your inbox.     Sorry!   There was an error proce sing your subscription.     Having a new role in McDaniel's offense may have fueled those reports.  "I think everyone made a big deal about him being on the field, but Mike's a competitive kid," Grier said. "He has been challenged to do some things he hadn't been asked to do before and he stepped up.  Christian Folin Jersey We were talking about the other day how the last couple of weeks he's made some great strides in that area."So for us, it was never about moving him or us trying to. Teams called asking because he's a good player. And so for us, you guys have heard me say it for years, I'll always listen.It doesn't mean we'll do anything. I think it's negligent if we don't (answer the phone), because you never know what kind of deal someone's going to offer you on someone."Gesicki finished fifth in the league in receptions (73), eighth in receiving yards (780), and fourth in yards per catch (10.68) among all tight ends last season. He has a  Chris Stewart Jersey valuable role in the Dolphins' offense, even if his top trait is catching the football.  The Dolphins have used as a blocking tight end to aid Gesicki, yet have been impre sed with how well he's adapted to his new role. Playing on the franchise tag for 2022, Miami and Gesicki appear primed to have a big season.