Autor Tema: one of the biggest  (Leído 2304 veces)

vv1122365

• Ver Perfil
one of the biggest
« : febrero 19, 2019, 07:37:30 pm »
NEW YORK, N.Y. - The New York Rangers had just suffered a difficult loss to the Kings in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup final, but coach Alain Vigneault didnt use the long plane ride home from Los Angeles to drill his players on how to get back into the series. Vigneault wanted the Rangers to rest and re-energize, and after a tiring start to the series the Kings had the same idea. "You shouldve seen the plane ride over here," Kings winger Justin Williams said. "It was all lights out and guys were sleeping." Kings coach Darryl Sutter voiced some concern about fatigue earlier in the series, but the true test is how these teams will react moving forward after two overtime games and then cross-country flights Sunday. Neither team practised on the day before Game 3 because rest is now at a premium. "I think the longer series go, the longer the playoffs go, (its about) courage, determination, extra effort," Sutter said. "Youre never going to feel fresh. Youre never going to feel as good as you did in November. Thats the way it works. Thats for sure. Theyre people." Williams doesnt consider fatigue a problem. For now. "Well be fine," he said. "Its the Cup finals, theres no excuse for not being ready or not being prepared or being tired. You can get yourself ready." Thats easier said than done after it took until midway through the second overtime before Dustin Brown finished off Game 2 to give Los Angeles a two games to none lead in the series. Despite Williams scoring 4:36 into overtime in Game 1, theres a build-up of extra hockey going on for the Kings. That was their third overtime game in a row. "Its pretty tough," Kings winger Marian Gaborik said. "To play this many periods the last three games, its a lot of hockey. But everyone will find the energy." The Rangers had a handful of days off after beating the Montreal Canadiens in the Eastern Conference final, but that doesnt mean players could immediately re-adjust to the time change by the time they took the ice at Madison Square Garden on Monday morning. Trying to explain the mood around the team, forward Brian Boyle noted that its still early in the morning. But he wasnt worried about being tired. "You just try and get your rest and plenty of fluids," Boyle said. "Its the same for probably everybody. Its an even playing field. So you just do your best." Even though it is an even playing field, it takes some work. "I think on the days off is where you take care of a lot of the physical fatigue, get as much liquids into you as possible and take a step back and relax a little bit," Kings forward Dwight King said Sunday at the team hotel. "As far as prepping for games, everybody has been in this situation long enough to know what they need to do to bring what they need to bring in order for our team to be successful. Defenceman Drew Doughty, who played a game-high 41:41 on Saturday night, has his own strategy. "Im the best couch-sitter in the world, so I make sure to do a lot of that," he said. Thats one way to physically re-charge. But 14 players in this series also participated in the Olympics, so the grind is no joke. "I think its my longest season ever," said Kings defenceman Slava Voynov, who played for Russia in Sochi. "But I feel like last season, a couple of years ago, same thing, its not big deal for me. Just try to play games." And there have been a lot of games. Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist has played 91, counting the Olympics. He thinks the bigger concern is the mental aspect of playing so many games, including the overtimes. "Physically we can all do it," Lundqvist said. "Its about how you recharge mentally. You have to make sure youre in the right place. No letdowns here." NOTES — Injured Rangers backup goaltender Cam Talbot did not skate Monday morning, and David LeNeveu is expected to continue serving in that role. Vigneault did not provide an update on Talbots status. ... Injured Kings defenceman Robyn Regehr, who hasnt played since May 3, continues to skate but his status is uncertain. Sutter said the team will continue to see what happens as warm-ups and games go on. Follow @SWhyno on Twitter Outlet Salomon Online . The star receiver certainly isnt celebrating it with the Texans mired in a franchise-record 13-game skid. Scarpe Salomon Outlet .com) - The Vancouver Canucks recovered from a fluke goal early last time out to knock off one of the top teams in the league. http://www.salomonoutlet.it/ . Rookie Christian Vazquez got his first three major league hits and drove in three runs, while David Ortiz had three RBIs to break open the game in the sixth inning and lead Boston over the Houston Astros 8-3. Scarpe Salomon Outlet Online . - Pete Rose didnt want it to be about him, not on a day when four new members were elected to baseballs most exclusive club. Scarpe Salomon Offerta . Felton was in court as the Manhattan district attorneys office outlined the agreement, which would resolve a gun case that arose amid the breakup of his marriage. Hes expected to admit June 30 to at least one charge, attempted criminal possession of a weapon -- he wont have to come to court to do so -- and get a $5,000 fine and 500 hours of community service.WINNIPEG - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers started the 2014 season with plenty of question marks after a 2013 campaign that saw them win just three times.And while their 7-11 record this year means theyll miss the CFL playoffs for a third straight season and fifth time in the past six years, the Bombers did have some positives to point to as they cleaned out their lockers Sunday. One of them was finding a bonafide starting quarterback in Drew Willy.I think Drew answered that pretty early in the year, said slotback Clarence Denmark, the teams leading receiver with 65 catches for 1,080 yards and three touchdowns.He grew into a guy that were going to trust and a guy that we believe in. I think Drew is a good player and hes only going to get better.Willy was picked up in the off-season in a trade with Saskatchewan after the Bombers attempts to sign veteran quarterback Henry Burris and up-and-comer Zach Collaros didnt pan out.Although he only had four starts in two seasons with Saskatchewan, Willy guided the Bombers to a surprising 5-1 start — even if four of those victories were against poor-playing East Division teams.Willys quiet, confident leadership continued as he played through some injuries and only missed one full game. He left Saturdays game in Calgary late in the first half with what he said was an injury to his forearm that weakened his grip on the ball.He was replaced by rookie Robert Marve, who guided the club to an 18-13 win over the Stampeders that snapped Winnipegs eight-game losing skid.Willy, who turns 28 later this month, planned to return home to New Jersey and train hard during the off-season.Im going to watch every (film) clip that we have, work on different things thatll improve my play, said Willy, who completed almost 64 per cent of his passes for 3,769 yards with 14 TDs and 16 interceptions.Its a big off-season for me and Im going to come back, I think, definitely in the best shape and best mental state that I can possibly be in.Head coach Mike OShea said everyones job performance will be under review, including his own, but the quarterbacking corps was a bright spot.You go into a season with what people would describe as relatively unknowns and (wondering) how its going to work out, OShea said.dddddddddddde feel weve got a very good quarterback stable. Brian Brohm, Robert Marve, Josh Portis and Drew Willy at the helm for the majority of the season.Its turned out well. That area has been addressed.The kicking game also more than met expectations.Rookie placekicker Lirim Hajrullahu was good on 40 of his 46 field-goal attempts, giving him a franchise-record 87 per cent success rate. He also tied the CFL rookie record that had been set by Justin Medlock in 2009.Im not fully satisfied because I still want to play, so no matter any accomplishments cant make up for not being in the playoffs, Hajrullahu said.He also took over the punting duties after Mike Renaud was injured and said hed like to do all the placekicking, punting and kickoffs next year. He told OShea that in his exit meeting and said the response was that hed come into training camp next year and compete.The Bombers have a big goal to strive for next year as Winnipeg is hosting the Grey Cup game, a championship they havent claimed since 1990.One area that will have to improve is Winnipegs defence, especially against the run. The team was at the bottom of the league in allowing an average of 135.9 rushing yards per game.The offensive line also needs work as Winnipeg gave up a league-high 71 sacks.Some Bombers pointed to a change in atmosphere as one of the biggest differences this season that made it fun to go to work, and work hard.I think heading into this season the focus was really changing the culture in the locker-room, said veteran offensive lineman Glenn January, one of the teams 16 potential free agents.I can tell you first-hand that mission was accomplished.And that was seen on the field, too.Just games that we were down, you could just see it, that we still had fight, Denmark said. No quit in these guys. I think that last game showed a lot of character about our team.Both players said the change began with OShea, a man who earned their respect.Its easy to go out and put it all on the line for a guy like that, Denmark said. Thats what its all about. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '