Autor Tema: Boehringer ran the 40-  (Leído 2226 veces)

vv1122365

• Ver Perfil
Boehringer ran the 40-
« : febrero 19, 2019, 07:49:49 pm »
CORTINA DAMPEZZO, Italy - Canadian Larisa Yurkiws self-funded team of one is starting to pay off.The native of Owen Sound, Ont., finished second in a World Cup downhill Friday for her first career podium result — an achievement that Yurkiw has had to work harder for than most skiers at this level.Thats because Alpine Canada dropped its money-draining womens downhill team two years ago, prompting the 26-year-old Yurkiw to strike out on her own, hire a full-time coach and gather sponsors to support travel and training.For this season alone, Yurkiw raised $250,000.We just dont have so much depth in Canada in womens speed racing, so they dont have a speed team, Yurkiw said. This is my baby and my passion, so I figured out a way to make it happen for myself.Its been amazing. Its one of those situations that you dont ask for but its been a big education. Its definitely shown me what Im made of.While Yurkiw still races in the Canadian teams yellow and red uniform, thats practically her only connection to the federation these days. Once she reaches the finish area, she dons her aqua-green Team Larisa jacket covered with patches from her sponsors.Those sponsors, led by helmet sponsor and foreign exchange company Cresco FX, got plenty of visibility Friday as Yurkiw took advantage of an early start number on a shortened course in thick fog and low visibility to finish 0.15 seconds behind winner Elena Fanchini of Italy.At one point you have to be lucky, Yurkiw said.Yurkiw has had her share of bad luck, like when she tore up her left leg in a December, 2009 crash and missed her home Vancouver Olympics two months later. In all, she sat out two years of World Cup races.Yurkiw started her personal team last season and qualified for the Sochi Olympics, where she placed 20th in downhill.She opened this season by finishing fourth in a downhill on home snow in Lake Louise, Alberta, last month, and is now sixth in the downhill standings.Her coach, Kurt Mayr, once worked with Austrian downhill legend Renate Goetschl.My coach is a jack of all trades, Yurkiw said. We get pretty creative on how to be efficient and creative and make it work for the most success possible.That involves training and sharing course reports with the Swedish, Norwegian and German teams.I call myself Team Larisa, Yurkiw said. But its an umbrella of a lot of peoples energy and effort.Andrew Dampf can be followed at www.twitter.com/asdampf Josh Bynes Jersey . -- Stanley Johnson scored all 18 of his points in the second half, T. Benson Mayowa Jersey . -- Stanley Johnson scored all 18 of his points in the second half, T. http://www.officialauthenticcardinalsshop.com/authentic-mason-cole-jersey.html . The Canadian Luge Association officially named seven athletes to the 2014 Olympic team Tuesday. Edney, will lead teenagers John Fennell and Mitchel Malyk into their first Games in mens singles. Tristan Walker and Justin Snith will represent Canada in doubles, while Gough, will be joined by Kimberley McRae in womens singles. Justin Pugh Jersey . The 20-year-old overager has appeared in 35 games for the Ontario Hockey Leagues Erie Otters this season, scoring 41 goals and adding 27 assists with a plus-28 rating. Christian Kirk Cardinals Jersey . A spokeswoman for the NLRB says its "a very incremental move" and does not necessarily indicate the board is close to a finding in the case. NFL owners filed an unfair labour charge against the players union in February, arguing that the union was not negotiating a new collective bargaining agreement in good faith.Moritz Boehringer was the feel-good story of the 2016 NFL Draft but as far as his new coach Mike Zimmer is concerned, the German’s time in the limelight is at an end for the foreseeable future. The 22-year-old made history last Saturday as he became the first player ever to be drafted straight from Europe when the Minnesota Vikings took him in the sixth round.Boehringer, whom Minnesota initially scouted through his YouTube highlight clips, became interested in American football when he saw a clip of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson. Minnesota Vikings make history by selecting German wide receiver Boehringer in the sixth round On Monday, Boehringer became the first 2016 draft pick to sign his contract when he inked a four-year, $2.49m contract with a signing bonus of $150,420.The Vikings got his deal done as quickly as possible to provide extra time for Boehringer to get a work visa, and he was cleared in time to practice Friday.That practice was a welcome to the NFL moment for Boehringer as he got sick several times in the blistering Minnesota heat.Boehringers transition from the German leagues to the NFL is unprecedented and Zimmer knows he has a mammoth task in front of him to learn what it takes - both on and off the field - to be an NFL wide receiver. Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer is known for his no-nonsense approach I want to kind of end the story, to be honest with you, Zimmer said. I want him to be here playing football and not being a celebrity.Ive given him a hard time already about being on TV shows and stuff like that. Its football now, and its time to work. The feel-good story is over.Boehringer was met by a large crowd of curious reporters as he walked off the field after his first rookie mini-camp practice and he admitted there is a big learning curve in front of hhim.ddddddddddddYou definitely have to get used to the speed, Boehringer said. There is a lot more tempo.But it was the first day so they explained some stuff to me and it was okay. The offence is new to everyone so that is good for me but in general football knowledge I have to do some work.I just have to concentrate on football right now. I want to get better and just try to show what I can do.When Boehringer wasnt getting sick on the side of the field, he had some good moments in practice which didnt go unnoticed by Zimmer.From what I saw today, hes a pretty good athlete, Zimmer said. Obviously, hes going to have to learn. The biggest thing for these guys is learning terminology. Thats hard right from the start, but thats not any different from him or anybody else. Highlights of the first round of the NFL draft, where Jared Goff was the first pick, going to the Los Angeles Rams. There is no doubt Boehringer is a project who is unlikely to be much of a factor during the 2016 season but the reason the Vikings were so intrigued by his potential is his extremely rare athleticism.At his pro day in Florida before the draft, the 6ft 4in, 227-pound Boehringer ran the 40-yard dash in 4.43 seconds, had a vertical jump of 39 inches, a 10-foot-11 broad jump, a time of 4.10 seconds in the short shuttle, a time of 11.15 seconds in the 60-yard shuttle and a time of 6.65 seconds in the three-cone drill. He also bench-pressed 225 pounds 17 times.All performances would have placed in the top five among receivers at the 2016 NFL Scouting Combine.We were very intrigued with his potential and his upside because you cant find that size, that speed and all the athletic test numbers that he had, general manager Rick Spielman said.Now the hard part of turning all that potential into production begins for Boehringer and the Vikings. Also See: NFL Video Rookies guide NFL on Sky Sports Pundits Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '