Autor Tema: you think of running  (Leído 2370 veces)

vv1122365

• Ver Perfil
you think of running
« : febrero 19, 2019, 08:08:25 pm »
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Panthers coach Ron Rivera still isnt sure wholl protect quarterback Cam Newtons blindside this season. But he doesnt seem overly worried. The Panthers have been searching for a replacement for longtime left tackle Jordan Gross, who retired earlier this off-season. Byron Bell, last years starting right tackle, and Nate Chandler, a converted defensive tackle, have been working as the starting tackles during OTAs. Theyve been flip-flopping from left to right tackle, depending on the day. Neither has played left tackle before in the NFL. Rivera said veteran Garry Williams, who is coming off a knee injury, could also figure into the mix once healthy. "Weve not decided on a lot of positions yet," Rivera said. "The biggest thing we have right now is competition and guys working. ... Well see how we are once we get into training camp." Newton hasnt participated in OTAs except to throw on the side. He said he could be ready for minicamp next week, but at the very least should be completely healthy when training camp begins July 24. "Come game time, its no doubt in my mind that every single person will be ready to go. That is what OTAs and minicamp are designed for -- to get these guys prepared, to get myself prepared," Newton said. "When that ball is snapped I have full confidence in Nate Chandler and Byron Bell that they will get the job done." While many teams invest millions in protecting their quarterbacks blindside, the Panthers seem to be taking a chance with lower-priced players who havent played the position. Bell and Chandler will make a combined $2.6 million this season. Both players insist they dont have a preference on which position they play. "Were both getting an equal opportunity to win a job, which is nice," Chandler said. Said Bell: "I really dont care. Either position, wherever coach sees being the best fit for either one of us is fine. Im just trying to win football games. If that means left tackle, right tackle or on the bench, wherever the team needs me is fine." Filling Gross shoes wont be easy. A three-time Pro Bowl selection, Gross started 167 games during his 10 seasons with the Panthers and was a member of the Super Bowl team as a rookie in 2003. The 6-foot-4, 315-pound Chandler is an intriguing story. He was signed as an undrafted free agent in 2012 out of UCLA. He started his career with the Bruins as an offensive lineman, but later moved to tight end as a sophomore and then to defensive tackle for his final two seasons. When he arrived in Carolina he saw spot duty at defensive tackle a rookie, playing in 10 games with five tackles in 2012. But coaches thought with Chandlers combination of quickness and size he might be more valuable on the offensive line, so they moved him there last year in training camp. Chandler started eight games in 2013 -- six at right guard and two at right tackle -- due to injuries. Bell was also undrafted. He came out of New Mexico in 2011 and was thrust in the mix as a rookie. Hes started 41 games over the past three seasons for Carolina -- all but one of those at right tackle. "Im left handed, so Ill feel comfortable over there," said Bell, who started three years at left tackle at New Mexico. "But if it is right tackle, Im certainly fine over there. "The big thing is we as an offensive line have to do is go in with the mindset that we have to keep No. 1 (Newton) upright. And if you have a bad play, you have to forget about and move on the next one because that (pass rusher) will be coming again." P.J. Hall Raiders Jersey . Canadas 5-1 loss to Finland in the semifinal ranks as the tournaments most-watched game with a record 2.7 million viewers, the largest ever for a World Juniors game played outside of North America, and winning Saturday as the most-watched program on Canadian television. Kolton Miller Raiders Jersey . - Ryan Spooner scored twice to lead the Boston Bruins to a 6-1 victory over the New York Islanders in a preseason game Friday night. http://www.officialauthenticraidersstore.com/authentic-johnny-townsend-jersey.html . Completely. Two days after releasing Peyton Manning, the longtime face of the franchise, the Colts announced they were cutting four fan favourites: running back Joseph Addai, linebacker Gary Brackett, safety Melvin Bullitt and tight end Dallas Clark. Arden Key Raiders Jersey . The win puts the final playoff berth in Group A in question. If the Czechs beat Slovakia on Tuesday, they will go through. If they lose, Germany will get the last quarter-final berth. Tahir Whitehead Raiders Jersey . -- Ryan Millers debut for the St.PHILADELPHIA -- LeSean McCoy and DeSean Jackson are quite the dynamic duo. Both players are thriving in Chip Kellys offence, helping the Philadelphia Eagles put up prolific numbers through two games. McCoy leads the NFL with 237 yards rushing and Jackson is first with 297 yards receiving. Together, theyve combined for more yards (653) than nine different teams. "With the type of offence we have I dont think moving the ball is an issue," McCoy said. McCoy, a 2011 All-Pro, ran for 184 yards in a win over Washington in Week 1. He was held to 53 in a loss to the Chargers on Sunday, but he caught five passes for a career-best 114 yards. Jackson, a two-time Pro Bowl pick, followed up a 104-yard performance in the opener with 197 yards receiving vs. San Diego. The Chargers focused on stopping the run, so the Eagles turned to their air attack. Michael Vick threw for a career-high 428 yards in a 33-30 loss. "Teams have to pick and choose their poison," Jackson said Tuesday. "We have great balance. If they want to take something from us, we always have another option. Coming into each game, we really dont know how any team is going to play us. We watch film and things like that, but the majority of the time when we go into a game, things kind of change up. Teams like to do different things to us because of McCoy, myself and Vick. Were prepared, we watch film, and we know what their tendencies are." McCoy showed off his versatility by coming out of the backfield to make big catches, giving defences more to worry about. McCoy creates matchup problems as a receiver, so thats just another option for Kelly to use in his fast-paced offence. "I think when you try to take me out of the game, you think of running, but I can be effective in the passing game," McCoy said. "We try to give me a one-on-one matchup with anybody from a safety to a linebacker. I think thhis offence is amazing, so many different ways to get playmakers in space so we are going to see a lot of different things this year.dddddddddddd" After a dismal season last year when the Eagles finished 4-12, McCoy and Jackson seem rejuvenated in Kellys system. Theres no telling what theyll do if they stay healthy and get more experience in Kellys offence. After all, its only two games in and theres room for improvement. "I think we can go a little faster," McCoy said. "I think we can convert a little better. I think sometimes we get those phases in the game no matter if its earlier or late, where we kind of move the ball but then dont get any points. Once we get past that, I think well be fine." Jackson had a 61-yard touchdown catch against the Chargers, but was open on three other deep balls. Vick overthrew one, Jackson let one bounce off his fingers and caught one out of bounds. If they connected on any of those three, the Eagles could be 2-0 instead of 1-1. "You miss one, you hit one," Vick said. "We had one that was close, but you just have to keep firing until you get one. You are not going to hit them all. We wish we could. Next week you may hit them all. It all depends." The Eagles face former coach Andy Reid and the unbeaten Kansas City Chiefs (2-0) on Thursday night. The Chiefs already have matched their win total from 2012 and will be looking to win a game thats significant to their new coach. Defensive co-ordinator Bob Sutton obviously has to devise a plan to stop Philadelphias high-powered offence. Will he try San Diegos approach? "How do you stop the Eagles offence?" McCoy said. "What do you want to do? Do you want to try to stack the box and completely take away the running game out of the game? That happens and (we) wind up with 400 yards passing." Itll be a conundrum for opponents all year. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '