Autor Tema: 70th career Cup  (Leído 2482 veces)

vv1122365

• Ver Perfil
70th career Cup
« : febrero 19, 2019, 08:12:54 pm »
TORONTO - The IIHF said Hockey Canada was responsible for the ticket prices that may have led to empty seats at Montreals Bell Centre for preliminary games at the world junior championship.Face-value tickets for games in Montreal started at $71 and ranged to $336 for the New Years Eve game between Canada and the United States, which drew 18,295 fans. Just 14,142 fans were in attendance for Canadas opening game against Slovakia on Boxing Day.The capacity of Bell Centre is 21,273.Tickets for Canadas first three round-robin games (against Slovakia, Germany and Finland) ranged from $66 to $261.I was really surprised, IIHF president Rene Fasel said at a news conference Sunday. If you would do this pricing in Europe, you would have nobody in the arena.The average NHL ticket price is in the $65 range. Face-value single-game tickets for the Canadiens next home game Jan. 6 against the Tampa Bay Lightning range from $27 in the family zone to $275 in the platinum level.The Canadiens play just above capacity and are second in the league in attendance with an average of 21,286 fans a game.Fasel wondered if marketing and the economy in Montreal played a role in the world junior attendance problems. He conceded not personally knowing what the ticket value should be but added, Hockey Canada decides the prices of the tickets, not us.In raising concern about crowds at Bell Centre, which are usually sellouts for Canadiens games, Fasel pointed out that this would finish as the third-most-attended world junior championship in history behind Ottawa (2009) and Edmonton and Calgary (2012).Fasel said he expects the 2015 tournament post a total attendance between 365,000 and 385,000. There were 453,000 in Ottawa and 444,000 in Edmonton and Calgary.So its not too bad, really, Fasel said. Its really a nice problem to discuss.Hockey Canada has said it will not comment on this matter until after the tournament, which wraps up Monday with the bronze- and gold-medal games at Air Canada Centre in Toronto. Canada played Slovakia on Sunday night in the semifinals.The 2015 world junior championship featured Canada playing its round-robin games in Montreal and knockout rounds in Toronto.There were 18,448 people in Air Canada Centre Friday night when Canada faced Denmark in the quarter-finals.Packages for all 19 games in Toronto ranged from $626 to $1,746, and although attendance was not high for non-Canada preliminary games, the expectation was for Canadas games to draw well. Fasel said the average attendance in Toronto would be around 14,000 without Canada for the early games and between 9,720 and 15,000 for Montreal.The packages for 13 games in Montreal ranged from $431 to $1,191.Maybe we had really high expectations in Montreal, Fasel said. I think we will find a solution with Hockey Canada and the IIHF to get a great event in 2017.The 2017 tournament is scheduled to have Canadas round-robin games in Toronto and the knockout rounds in Montreal. Asked about moving some games to Quebec City or staging all games in Toronto, Fasel did not rule anything out.Everything will be evaluated in the next few months, Fasel said.IIHF council member Frank Gonzalez, the tournament chairman, said the organizations would have to discuss with partners and sponsors before making any decisions about altering the plan for 2017.Im hoping that we dont have to move out of Montreal, Gonzalez said. I think its a great city for hockey as Rene has mentioned and we would love to go back there. Its just that the numbers this time did not accompany what we thought or what we expected would be the same as in Toronto.We have to find what was the cost and maybe fix that and then come back to Montreal and see if we can fix it and move forward in Montreal in 2017. If not we will have to look at other options, of course.---Follow @SWhyno on Twitter Tyrod Taylor Jersey . Toronto dropped a 7-2 decision to the Minnesota Twins on Wednesday afternoon, with only a pair of late runs preventing a second straight shutout loss. Josh Willingham belted a two-run homer in the first inning and Kendrys Morales hit a bases-clearing double in the seventh as the Twins took the rubber game of the three-game series. Custom Cleveland Browns Jerseys . "I had a pretty good year," the soft-spoken Granberg told TSN.ca with a grin from the teams annual rookie tournament in London. A fourth-round selection in 2010, Granberg is worth keeping an eye on with NHL training camps rolling around in less than a week. The six-foot-two, 200-pound defender may not possess the wow-inspiring theatrics of fellow prospect Morgan Rielly, but nonetheless has a chance to contribute with the Leafs when all is said and done this season. http://www.brownsrookiestore.com/Browns-Austin-Corbett-Jersey/ . -- The court fight over NFL concussions should heat up soon as a judge in Philadelphia weighs the fairness of the proposed $765 million settlement. Zane Gonzalez Jersey . The English Football Association had charged the German right back with violent conduct after retrospectively reviewing video evidence of an incident that was missed by match officials at Craven Cottage on Saturday. Chad Thomas Jersey . - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are going to meet with Richie Incognito to determine if one of the central figures in the Miami Dolphins bullying scandal can help their struggling offensive line.FORT WORTH, Texas - Jimmie Johnson has won all six of his NASCAR Sprint Cup championships with Chad Knaus on his pitbox.While the No. 48 is out of contention for this year, Knaus plans to still be there next season for a shot at a seventh title as Johnsons crew chief.I dont foresee a change with the 48 car from a driver or crew chief standpoint in the near future, Knaus said Sunday after Johnson won at Texas Motor Speedway. I dont foresee that happening. If it does, Ill have to be a reporter because I dont know what the hell Im going to do after that.The win at Texas was Johnsons fourth this season, but first since Michigan in mid-June. It also was the Hendrick Motorsportts drivers 70th career Cup victory.ddddddddddddThere were moments of clear frustration between Johnson and Knaus during this Chase for the Sprint Cup championship. Johnson was eliminated in the second round last month.Yeah, he will be my crew chief as long as he wants to climb up on that box, Johnson said Sunday. Crew chiefs live in dog years so I would imagine he is going to have enough before I have enough, but just such a great run of events. Sure we were frustrated, sure we wanted to be fast, but you are going to have high emotions in any team sport when you are not doing well, especially, when you are a championship-calibre team. It is just how it is. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '