Autor Tema: He had six points on 3-  (Leído 2192 veces)

vv1122365

• Ver Perfil
He had six points on 3-
« : febrero 23, 2019, 12:12:26 am »
LONDON -- Milos Raonic and Frank Dancevic threw a one-two winning punch for Canada on Tuesday as the eighth seed and the lucky loser combined for a pair of first-round Wimbledon victories within minutes of each other. Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., fired 30 aces -- compared to two for his opponent -- in a comfortable 6-2, 6-4, 6-4 win over Australias Matthew Ebden that took little more than 90 minutes. It was a two-hour victory for the 107th-ranked Dancevic, who won his first Wimbledon match since 2011 as he upset 29th-seeded Croatian Ivo Karlovic 6-4, 7-6(5), 7-6(4). Raonic, who lost his only grass tuneup match this month at Halle, Germany, is into the Wimbledon second round for the fourth consecutive year, but hopes to go farther after never winning two matches in a row at the event. The 23-year-old was never in trouble from Ebden, with the Canadian claiming the first two sets and breaking for a lead in the third. Raonic sent over a service winner for three match points, but needed only one as he put a volley into the far corner out of Ebdens reach. "I feel really good about this win, I played a lot better than I expected to," said Raonic. "I showed that I can adjust my game on this surface," said the right-hander with a 10-10 career record on grass. "I did what was necessary to win. I think my Roland Garros quarter-final gave me confidence and showed me that I know what I need to do to win in these situations and eventually get into the second week of slams." Dancevic, a 29-year-old from Niagara Falls, Ont. has played in the main draw at the All England Club seven times and earned his third Wimbledon win as he overcame 32 Karlovic aces. Dancevic never faced a break point and broke the Croatian once. Dancevic advanced with 47 winners and just four unforced errors. "I had to serve really well, it was my main focus," said Dancevic. "But returning was a lottery, I was just guessing. "From the first point I had to pick sides. I returned amazing, From the first ten serves in a row I got ten returns back. It was basically a guessing game, when I got into the point, I had the advantage. It came down to a coin toss, I returned a little bit better on the key points." He entered the field as a lucky loser from qualifying round and won his first match at the ATP level since the U.S. open fist round over Robin Haase last August. "It feels great, I havent been on this grass while," Dancevic said. "I felt motivated by the whole atmosphere and being given a chance to be alive here at Winmbledon. I tried to play relaxed and go for my shots. "Im really, really happy I got through." In womens action Swiss Timea Bacsinszky beat Torontos Sharon Fichman 6-1, 6-3, with the 85th-ranked Canadian admitting she was outplayed. "Im starting to like the grass," said the 23-year-old who was making her main draw debut at the All England Club. "Unfortunately I didnt plays as well as I could have. "It didnt help that my opponent was playing very well, Its disappointing. I felt like I didnt bring a good enough level for most of the match and she did. It was pretty straightforward -- she played well and went for it, I tried and it just didnt work for me today." Womens 13th seed Eugenie Bouchard of Westmount, Que., faced veteran Daniela Hantuchova later. Nike Vapormax In Offerta . The 33-year-old Spaniard, who held the lead since the second round, turned in a solid final round that featured six birdies and two bogeys to finish on 22-under 266. The victory is Garcias first this year with his last win coming at the Johor Open, an Asian Tour event in Malaysia last December. Nike Vapormax Scontate . -- Cordell Cato scored his first goal of the season and the San Jose Earthquakes survived a full half playing a man down to beat FC Dallas 2-1 Saturday night. http://www.vapormaxitalia.it/ . Pospisil, from Vancouver, and Sock will compete for the title against defending champions and top seeds Bob and Mike Bryan of the United States, who defeated the 12th-seeded French duo of Michael Llodra and Nicolas Mahut 7-6 (4), 6-3, 6-2. Nike Vapormax Saldi . - Ryan Spooner scored twice to lead the Boston Bruins to a 6-1 victory over the New York Islanders in a preseason game Friday night. Vapormax Miglior Prezzo . - Andre Drummond had his best night on the boards.OAKLAND, Calif. - The Golden State Warriors too often let lesser competition keep games close — and allowed a few of them to slip away — on their home court last season.That doesnt appear to be a problem anymore.The Warriors eased past the struggling Sacramento Kings 128-108 on Monday night, the kind of all-around performance that has defined their strong start under new coach Steve Kerr.All 13 active players scored, including six in double digits. The reserves had a season-high 62 points. And the team totalled 36 assists, the franchises most in four years.These are the fun games when everybody gets in there and scores and feels good afterward, Kerr said.There have been a lot of those for Golden State already.Klay Thompson scored 25 points, reserve Justin Holiday had 18 and Festus Ezeli added a career-high 15 points to go with six rebounds in place of injured centre Andrew Bogut, helping the Warriors hold a big lead most of the way.Stephen Curry also had 12 points and 11 assists — and got to rest most of the fourth quarter — as Golden State stretched its NBA-best record to 23-3.We have to learn to share the ball better, the way they do. We have to move it side to side, like they do, said Kings forward Omri Casspi, who had 16 points and eight rebounds.DeMarcus Cousins had 22 points and eight rebounds, and Darren Collison scored 17 points in Sacramentos latest blowout loss to its Northern California rival. The Warriors whipped the Kings 95-77 on opening night in Sacramento and have won six consecutive games in the series, including all four last season.Sacramento has lost 11 of 14 games, a slide that started when Cousins came down with viral meningitis and missed 10 games. The Kings also fired Michael Malone as coach last week, and uncertainty about how long interim coach Tyrone Corbin will man the sidelines has lingered since.We all need to stick together, Corbin said.The Warriors got off to a fast start and controlled the game by doing what they have most of the sseason: clog the paint on defence, push the pace and move the ball.dddddddddddd.They led 36-20 at the end of the first quarter, 76-53 early in the third and — except for a few short-lived surges by Sacramento — kept a comfortable cushion throughout.Perhaps just as important for the Warriors was the return of David Lee, who played for only the second time this season and first since Nov. 5. He had six points on 3-for-9 shooting and seven rebounds in 16 minutes, receiving a standing ovation from the crowd when he entered as a reserve late in the first quarter.Lee admitted he felt some nerves returning to a team that has done so well without him.I was definitely the most excited guy in the NBA to play basketball tonight, Lee said. I havent been nervous for a game in five years.Lee had been out recovering from a strained left hamstring, which forced him to leave after 6 1/2 minutes in his previous appearance against the Los Angeles Clippers. Kerr said the two-time All-Star forward responded well to conversations about coming off the bench, which Lee confirmed.Draymond Green has played exceptional as the starter, and Kerr sees no reason to change what has worked — which has been just about everything this season.___TIP-INSKings: Sacramento had 31 assists and 13 turnovers. ... Sacramento dropped to 10-8 with Cousins in the lineup this season.Warriors: Bogut underwent a second platelet-rich plasma therapy over the weekend on his right knee. He will likely be out at least another week or two. ... It was the most assists for the Warriors since dishing out 36 in a 132-102 win over the Clippers on Feb. 10, 2010.SUPRISE REUNIONStaff Sgt. Nikki Castle was reunited with her young son, Makio Cabales, between the first and second quarter on the court. Makio was asked to participate in a contest as her mother walked onto the court to surprise him that she had returned from Afghanistan.UP NEXTKings: Host Phoenix on Friday.Warriors: At Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday. ' ' '