Autor Tema: with a 1.80 ERA  (Leído 2634 veces)

vv1122365

• Ver Perfil
with a 1.80 ERA
« : febrero 23, 2019, 12:06:50 am »
CEDAR PARK, Texas -- Allen York stopped 24 shots as the Texas Stars downed the visiting Toronto Marlies 5-2 on Saturday in American Hockey League play. Brett Ritchie and Travis Morin each had a goal and an assist for the Stars (10-6-4) while Cameron Gaunce set up two goals. Mike Hedden, Curtis McKenzie and Chris Mueller also scored to round out the Texas offence. Carter Ashton scored once for the Marlies (9-7-1) and assisted on Spencer Abbotts goal as well. Torontos Drew MacIntyre kicked out 38-of-43 shots in a losing cause. Ritchie opened the scoring at 14:51 of th first period for Texas. Abbott responded for the Marlies 31 seconds into the second, but McKenzie and Mueller scored 23 seconds apart to make it 3-1 Stars and Morin added another before the period was through. Ashton kept it close for Toronto by scoring at 16:10 of the third period, but any chance of a comeback was halted when Hedden made it 5-2 only 46 seconds later. Texas went 1 for 2 on the power play while Toronto failed to score on three chances with the man advantage. Diego Reyes Jersey . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. Oribe Peralta Jersey . Last year, Islanders forward Colin Mcdonald released a "Do It For Colin" campaign to promote his teammate and friend John Tavares for the EA sports honour:The most popular sports voting video ever has to go to Chris Bosh who showcased his comedic abilities in his effort to get fans to vote him into the 2008 All Star Game:You can vote for TJ and other star players for the NHL 15 cover vote here. http://www.soccermexicojerseysteamstore.com/hector-herrera-mexico-jersey/ . After seven wins in a row, they have to do it one more time to get into the playoffs. Edson Alvarez Jersey . Joakim Nordstrom and Garret Ross also scored for Chicago and Corey Crawford made 30 saves. Tomas Tatar scored twice for Red Wings (2-3-0), Jonathan Ericsson added a goal and Gustav Nyquist had three assists. Mexico Jerseys . -- The NFL cancelled its Hall of Fame game between St.ST. PETERSBURG, Florida – Drew Hutchison meant business when he arrived in Dunedin for spring training. He had a point to prove: hes back, and hes not worried about his surgically repaired elbow, as he enters what he hopes will be his first full season in the major leagues. "I expected make the team and now Im ready to go perform," said Hutchison after his final Grapefruit League start on March 27. Manager John Gibbons and pitching coach Pete Walker rave about Hutchisons poise. They love his mound presence. Theyve been thrilled with his bounce back from Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgery dating back to his appearances in the Arizona Fall League. Hutchison, a command and control pitcher, routinely pumped his fastball to the plate at 92-94 miles per hour, painting the corners along the way. "We like him," said manager John Gibbons. "Hes got a chance to be a real good one. Ever since he had the Tommy John hes thrown better than he was." Results in spring training often dont matter. With Hutchison, they did. He was competing for a roster spot. He needed to show the Blue Jays he was healthy and could be consistently effective. As a young player, just 23 years old, with options, he needed to drastically outperform veterans who were out of options. He accomplished all that with a 1.80 ERA and 0.800 WHIP in four Grapefruit League starts, and gets the nod in Tuesday nights second game of the season-opening series in Tampa Bay. Not that it surprises him. "I thought Id come into camp and do exactly what I did," said Hutchison. "Thats my expectation levell and thats what I feel I would be able to do.dddddddddddd" Hutchison often repeats variations of the word "expect." He has high expectations of himself, he expects to succeed; hes expecting a long and healthy career. He speaks with supreme confidence but without a hint of arrogance. Its all matter of fact. "I dont understand, at least from my perspective thats just the way Ive approached things and thats the way Ive always been," said Hutchison. "I expect that out of myself and now its time, spring trainings over and its time to go perform and win because thats what its all about." Whether Hutchisons approach translates into a successful season will be known only with the passage of time. Gibbons and Walker are looking for someone on which they can rely. The club has a reasonable idea of what to expect from R.A. Dickey and Mark Buehrle. It isnt clear what the Blue Jays will get from Hutchison and Brandon Morrow, both because of their respective injury histories and because neither has shown the ability, yet, to be a front-line starter over the course of a full season. "Hes a pitcher," said Gibbons. "It takes effort for him but hes kind of an effortless type guy. I think hes going to have a big, big year for us. I really do." Surely Hutchison must have had his doubts during the laborious rehab of his elbow? He insists he didnt. "Thats just the way Ive always been," said Hutchison. "I just expect a lot out of myself and I expect a high level from myself. Thats not to try to be, you know, thats just how I am." ' ' '