Autor Tema: but Korpikoski is  (Leído 2623 veces)

vv1122365

• Ver Perfil
but Korpikoski is
« : febrero 26, 2019, 12:11:49 am »
NEW YORK -- David Price cant control the trade speculation. The opposing hitters, he can handle them just fine. Price came within one pitch of extending his remarkable strikeout streak, yet still did plenty to lead the resurgent Tampa Bay Rays over the New York Yankees 2-1 on a warm Tuesday night for their fourth straight victory. "Stay here, David," Rays manager Joe Maddon implored. James Loney hit a go-ahead home run in the sixth inning and the Rays matched their longest win string of the season. Derek Jeter tied Lou Gehrigs team record for doubles as the Yankees equaled their worst skid this year with their fourth loss in a row. Price (7-7) struck out nine -- he fanned at least 10 in each of his previous five starts, and was trying to join Pedro Martinez, Randy Johnson and Nolan Ryan as the only pitchers to accomplish the feat six straight times. "That wouldve been cool," Price said. The left-hander gave up four hits and was pulled after seven innings and 119 pitches. He fanned Francisco Cervelli for the second out in the bottom of the seventh, then got two strikes on both Yangervis Solarte and Brett Gardner, missed with a couple of close pitches and couldnt quite get strikeout No. 10. In 23 career starts against the Yankees, Price has never reached double digits in strikeouts. The Rays, who spent most of June with the worst record in the majors, have won six of seven. Their recent struggles had fueled talk that Tampa Bay might trade Price before the July 31 deadline. Price has said that the more the Rays win, the better chance he has of staying with his original club. "I just play ball," the 2012 AL Cy Young Award winner said. "Thats my job." Jake McGee pitched a perfect eighth and Grant Balfour worked around a pair of walks in the ninth for his 11th save in 13 chances. Maddon has gone to a closer-by-committee approach. He said he picked Balfour this time because of a bit of "karma" -- the manager saw the reliever walking his grandmother into the team hotel lobby earlier in the day. "True," Maddon said. Balfour said his grandmom, in her mid-80s, came from the familys home in Australia to see one game at Yankee Stadium. "Im sure she was happy I was able to get in tonight," Balfour said. New York (41-41) has dropped eight of 10. "The guys we have, theyve got to get it done. Thats the bottom line," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "As I said, its not just a couple of guys going, its a number of guys." "No one is going to feel sorry for you," he said. "No one has a magic potion. You just have to grind it out." It was 1-all when Loney hit the first pitch of the sixth from Hiroki Kuroda (5-6) into the Yankees bullpen in right-centre field. His fifth home run of the season gave him 11 RBIs in 14 games. The Rays took a 1-0 lead in the fourth. Matt Joyce and Evan Longoria opened with singles and, after Loney struck out, Logan Forsythe hit an RBI single. A wild throw on a rundown gave the Yankees a run in the bottom half. Jeter led off with his 534th career double and went to third on Jacoby Ellsburys single. Price trapped Ellsbury with a pickoff throw, but he was hit in the back by shortstop Ben Zobrists throw and Jeter scored. Zobrist is playing shortstop in place of regular starter Yunel Escobar, put on the disabled list before the game because of a sore right shoulder. NOTES: Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long was ejected in the sixth for arguing balls and strikes from the bench. ... Cervelli nearly tumbled over the dugout railing while catching Zobrists foul pop in the first. Maddon helped steady the backup catcher, who started in place of Brian McCann. In the ninth, McCann pinch hit and looked at strike three with a runner on first. After hitting just .221 with nine homers and 36 RBIs at the halfway mark, McCann said hes been "horrible" this season. An All-Star with Atlanta, he signed an $85 million, five-year deal with the Yankees. Girardi said it was just a regular day off for rest. "I believe hes going to hit," Girardi said. "At times, I think hes been a little anxious." ... Tampa Bay RF Kevin Kiermaier and a couple of Rays got into the World Cup spirit, dying their hair red, white and blue to support the U.S. soccer team. ... Rays RHP Jake Odorizzi (3-7, 4.14 ERA) starts against LHP Vidal Nuno (2-4, 5.42) in the series finale Wednesday afternoon. ... Johnson remains the last pitcher to strike out at least 10 in six consecutive starts. He did it in 2002 with Arizona. The record is eight in a row by Martinez in 1999 with Boston. Bo Jackson Jersey . Louis, MO (SportsNetwork. Alcides Escobar Jersey . The Red Wings hadnt played the night before. The Boston Bruins had. A month from now, or two months from now, it doesnt matter. But right now it does matter, when you start and you play back to back, its wear and tear on you for sure, Babcock said. http://www.royalsteamproshop.com/Royals-Jorge-Soler-Kids-Jersey/ . The 36-year-old Colts receiver is going back to the playoffs as a division champion. Alex Gordon Jersey .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6. Blaine Boyer Jersey .com) - The Memphis Grizzlies signed guard Seth Curry on Tuesday.(SportsNetwork.com) - The Arizona Coyotes will have one more chance to snap their longest home losing streak in team history before hitting the road for a few games. The Coyotes try to snap their nine-game skid at home on Tuesday night against the Edmonton Oilers, who take to the ice one day after the firing of their head coach. Arizona has not picked up a victory at home since Nov. 4, going 0-6-3 since. The Coyotes have been outscored 17-6 in losing the first four of a five-game homestand that ends tonight. They hit the road for three in a row starting on Saturday in Los Angeles. Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Lauri Korpikoski and Antoine Vermette all scored in Saturdays 4-3 shootout loss to the Minnesota Wild, while Devan Dubnyk made 32 saves through overtime before getting beat twice in the tiebreaker. Arizona has lost five in a row overall. We said the other night we are going to have to play harder, were going to have to be harder to play against, Coyotes coach Dave Tippett said. Tippett scratched both forward Sam Gagner and defenseman Connor Murphy in an attempt to shake up his slumping club. It is unknown if either will slide back into the lineup tonight, but Korpikoski is questionable with a lower-body injury suffered on Saturday that kept him out of practice on Monday. The good news for Arizona is that it has won eight of its past nine over Edmonton and nine of the last 12 played at home. The Coyotes have scored 14 goals in beating the Oilers thrree times in as many meetings already this season.dddddddddddd Edmonton comes in having lost four in a row and 15 of its past 16 (1-11-4). The Oilers are tied with the Carolina Hurricanes for the fewest points in the NHL with 19 and the ax finally fell on head coach Dallas Eakins on Monday. Eakins was fired 31 games into his second season with the Oilers, who went 29-44-9 last season under their former coach. General manager Craig MacTavish will take over the Oilers on an interim basis before transitioning the team over to Todd Nelson, who was in his fifth season coaching the Oilers American Hockey League affiliate in Oklahoma City. Hell join the team as an assistant coach before MacTavish hands him the reins on an interim basis. Theres blood all over my hands in this as well because I put the lineup together and the roster, noted MacTavish on Monday. Im not here to absolve myself of accountability for the situation that were in, nor am I here to solely blame Dallas for the job that he did because in my mind he did a lot of really good things for our group. Eakins last game on Edmontons bench was a lifeless 2-0 loss to the New York Rangers on Sunday in which the Oilers had only 16 shots. Ben Scrivens made 20 saves but Edmontons offense remained stuck in a slump. The Oilers have now scored two goals or fewer in seven consecutive games and were shut out for the fourth time this season. Edmonton has lost seven straight on the road. ' ' '