Autor Tema: Mired in an offensive slump,  (Leído 2866 veces)

vv1122365

• Ver Perfil
Mired in an offensive slump,
« : marzo 01, 2019, 12:47:38 am »
TORONTO - They combined for just one assist in Torontos 4-1 American Hockey League win over the Texas Stars Monday afternoon. But the combination of Jerred Smithson, Mike Duco and Tyler Biggs up front, along with Andrew MacWilliam and Korbinian Holzer on the blue line, were the unsung heroes according to coach Steve Spott. The Marlies five-man unit was tasked with shutting down a line that includes two of the top three scorers in the AHL in Travis Morin and Colton Sceviour. "Those five guys had the task of shutting down Sceviours line and they did a great job of it," Spott said. "That five-man unit with Smithsons line did a great job against arguably the most dynamic line in this league. So I think those five guys deserve a lot of credit." The Stars top line failed to register on the score sheet and finished the game with a combined minus-6 rating. "When coach comes and says we want you to shut down so and so, we take that with a lot of pride," said MacWilliam. "I thought we did a good job tonight along with Biggsy, Duco and Smitty up front. I love getting challenged before games to shut down certain people." Josh Leivo and Jerry DAmigo each scored a pair of third period goals as the Marlies (29-17-4) came from behind to defeat the Stars (30-16-7) in regulation for the first time this season. Brett Ritchie scored the Stars only goal. With the win, Toronto also avoided losing three straight for the second time this season. The loss was the first in regulation time in the last five games for Texas. Christopher Nilstorp made 28 saves in the loss while Drew MacInytre stopped 30 shots for his 22nd win of the season. Ritchie gave Texas a 1-0 lead at 15:15 in the second when he one-timed a pass from Mike Hedden past MacIntyre. The Stars had an excellent chance to add to their lead at 6:51 of the third on Sceviours shorthanded breakaway but MacIntyre turned the shot aside with his right pad. Twenty-five seconds later, Leivo tied it 1-1, on a power play, taking a pass from Greg McKegg at the side of the net and beating Nilstorp for his 11th of the season. "Oh yeah, its been a while. Its always a good feeling," Leivo said of the power play connecting. "It obviously started a little goal streak for us so were pretty happy about it and happy with the way we played. “We were working it well on the power play, but I dont think we were getting our shots through properly and obviously getting the rebound chances . . . we werent capitalizing on them." Toronto managed only one goal in nine chances on the power play in Sundays loss to Utica. Spott called his teams lack of production the difference maker in the loss and they were one for three tries Monday. Texas had another chance to retake the lead at 8:30 of the third. With MacIntyre down and out, Scott Glennie put a puck on the net but T.J. Brennan was there to clear it before it crossed the goal line. DAmigo gave Toronto a 2-1 lead at 9:59 of the third, chasing down a pass from Spencer Abbott and beating Nilstorps five-hole for his 12th of the season. "Abbotts a great guy with great vision. I just try to get open for him and that was one of those plays where their defence kind of broke down," said DAmigo of the game-winner. "I kind of saw an opening and busted through there. "It was a little questionable if I wouldve gotten to it or not, but luckily I snuck it through his five hole and it was just a great play by both of us." Leivo added his second of the night into an empty net at 18:22 of the third and, with 11 seconds remaining, DAmigo added another empty netter. With the win, the Marlies improve to 5-9-2 when trailing after two periods this season. Toronto continues its 10-game home stand Saturday when the San Antonio Rampage visit. Jerseys NFL Wholesale . Webb birdied the 18th hole to take the outright lead, then watched as Choi, who shot a course-record 62 on Saturday to take a share of the third-round lead, pushed a 10-foot putt wide of the hole at 18 to miss the chance for a playoff. NFL Jerseys China . Robert Griffin III, the No. 2 pick in the 2012 draft, set numerous rookie records and was picked AP Offensive Rookie of the Year for the Washington Redskins. http://www.nfljerseyschina.net/ .Y. - Islanders forward Anders Lee has been fined $2,286 by the NHL for elbowing St. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . Mired in an offensive slump, Lowry - the NBAs leader in taking charges this season - did what he has learned to do best, standing his ground and drawing a crucial offensive foul on the Cavaliers all-star point guard. Fast forward 30 seconds to the Cavs next possession, with the home team still trailing by three, Spencer Hawes - one of the leagues best passing big men - threw an interception, intended for Tyler Zeller and picked off by DeMar DeRozan. Cheap Jerseys . -- Jerry Rice Jr.SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Clint Irwin made seven saves in the Colorado Rapids fourth shutout in five matches, a 0-0 draw with the San Jose Earthquakes on Wednesday night. Irwin lowered his goals-against average to 0.83, making four critical stops to preserve the tie for the Rapids (4-2-3) in their first game since losing leading scorer Vicente Sanchez to a sprained knee. Irwin got just enough of a touch on Chris Wondolowskis 88th-minute shot to push it into the far post, where it caromed back out, costing the Earthquakes (1-3-4) a chance for their second straight home victory. The teams alsso tied 0-0 in Colorado on April 19.dddddddddddd In the 62nd minute, Irwin made a reaction stop on Atiba Harris powerful 14-yard attempt. Irwin also turned aside a couple of solid chances for San Jose late in the first half, palming away Wondolowskis header in the 30th minute and knocking down a free kick from Khari Stephenson 6 minutes later. Stephenson, making his first start of the season for San Jose, sent a 25-yard effort just over the crossbar in the 25th minute. San Jose lost right back Andreas Gorlitz, an MLS newcomer, to a right knee injury just before halftime. ' ' '